A Liebster Award is a fun way for bloggers to connect and learn a little more about each other. And lucky you, now you get to learn a little more about ME. I am sure you are all on the edge of your seat.
Here are the rules for those that I nominate at the bottom:
-Thank and link back to the blogger that nominated you (you are welcome!)
-Pick 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers on Bloglovin' to nominate
-Think of 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer
-Add 11 random facts about yourself
-Tag your nominees and comment on one of their posts to let them know!
Here are my responses to Nicky's Questions:
1. If you could go one place in the world, where would you go?
I want to check out New Zealand. They banned GMOs and nuclear power.
2. If you could share one piece of advice on food or cooking, what would it be?
Cook with food that is real. It simply tastes better...or it will. Once you eat enough real food, you can spot a fake anywhere. Your taste buds will change.
3. What is your favorite food?
I can never get enough cheese.
4. What's you favorite date night location and why?
Out to dinner of course. I love a good, well prepared meal.
5. If you could meet anyone past or present who would it be?
Michelle Obama. I bet we would have a great conversation about kids, food, and gardening.
6. Who inspires you?
My three daughters. Everything I do is for them.
7. How many countries have you been to?
8. What have you accomplished this year already?
Well this Liebster Award of course and also I felt pretty cool that my first photo was accepted to Foodgawker.
9. List three things on your bucket list?
Publishing a book (writing one right now), earning my Black Belt (see #1 on my random facts), packing a bag and traveling the world for as long as I feel like
10. What is your favorite kitchen appliance, tool, or gadget? Why?
I really like The Ultimate Garlic Peeler. I worked at an Italian restaurant in high school and peeled soooo many cloves of garlic that year. High school Natalie would have loved this thing.
11. What's the first thing you reach for in the morning?
I normally keep a glass of water next to my bed. I reach for that first thing in the morning.
11 Random Facts about Me...
1. I am ready to test for my green belt in karate...if only I could get to class more.
2. My favorite tv show is The Walking Dead
3. I love to snowboard
4. I once drove across the whole US in a camper with my husband, two kids, and two dogs
5. I used to be a seventh grade English teacher
6. I am a published poet
7. I love camping and we camp 3-4 times a year
8. I do Bikram Yoga whenever I have a chance
9. My husband has been composting even longer than me
10. I went zip-lining last year.
11. I swam with sharks in Tahiti
My nominees for the Liebster Award ARE...
1. Freshly Grown
2. The Paleo Homesteader
3. LeMoine Family Kitchen
4. A Calculated Whisk
5. Love Bakes Good Cakes
6. The Hungry Belgian
7. Scratch Mommy
8. Let Them Eat Healthy
9. Life Currents
10. Earthworms and Marmalade
11. Juggling Real Food and Real Life
Ok now my questions for the 11 wonderful bloggers above:
1. What is your favorite way to relax?
2. How many pets do you have and what kinds?
3. What do you feel is the bravest thing you have ever done?
4. Camping. Love it or hate it?
5. Where is the farthest place you have traveled from home?
6. Name three things on your bucket list.
7. If you could give a gift to anyone...who and what?
8. How many stamps in your passport?
9. Favorite meal
10. What do you do in your free time?
11. Night owl or early riser?
I can't wait to hear your responses and learn more about you. Share the love with others and make them feel as special as I feel right now. So fun to share and celebrate the unique journeys that bring us together in this virtual world.